Specific Guidelines on Pre-Qualifying Tournaments For 2010 Pro-Am
Key Points to be communicated to all involved in organising and managing pre-qualifying tournaments for the above event.
- Most of the charities have now organised either individually or severally, pre-qualifying golf tournaments throughout 2009 and possibly also in 2010. For each €10,000 generated by the pre-qualifying tournaments, the organising charity or charities will be able to enter one team in the Grand Qualifying Classic at Adare Manor Hotel Golf Club on May 2010.
- Each Qualifying Team will carry the name of the charity or charities which organised their Pre-Qualifying Tournament on the Grand Qualifying day.
- If a team member has already qualified for the Grand Qualifier, he/she cannot participate in another pre-qualifying event.
- Changes to the team going through to the Grand Qualifier can be made only in exceptional circumstances (e.g. illness etc). Only one member per team can be replaced. The decision of the Organising Committee will be final in this matter.
- Junior Golfers must be over 16 years of age. They must have a current GUI club handicap and only one Junior member is allowed per team .
- Names and contact details of the winning Pre-Qualifying Teams in each competition must be notified to the Pro-Am Office as soon as possible after the event.
- Every player who participates in a Pre-Qualifying Tournament, will receive free admission to the Pro-Am for both days, in July 2010.
- While the Pro-Am Organising Committee is reluctant to impose stringent regulations on the running of pre-qualifying events, it should be noted that the following approach will be used in the Grand Qualifier:
- Handicap limits will be 18 for men and 24 for ladies
- Scores on Stableford basis, best score to count at each hole to maximise use of time and nett par is your friend.
- In the event of ties, the count back will be on the standard golf rules governing this matter.
- Handicaps in the Grand Qualifier must be the official club handicaps on the day of the pre-qualifying tournament or lower.