Charity : REHABCARE
A Pre-qualifying tournament took place in Kilkenny Golf Club on 20th August 2004. The winning team were Ann Downey & Marina Downey of Castlecomer Golf Club & Noelle O'Driscoll of Callan Golf Club.
Congratulations also to Seamie Edwards of St. Helen's Bay GOlf Club & Conor Morris and Colin Edwards of Wexford Golf Club, winners of the Pre-qualifying tournament held in Wexford Golf Club on 2nd July 2004.
Both teams will take part in the Grand Qualifier in Adare in May 2005, for which we wish them the best of luck!
Charity : ST. GABRIEL'S CENTRE
St. Gabriel's Centre held a Direct Qualifying Competition for the Pro-Am on 2nd & 3rd September 2004 in Limerick Golf Club. The competition was hugely successful, and one lucky team won diret qualification to play with the world's top golfers in the Pro-Am in July.
The winning team were:
- Noel Nash, Gerry McManus & Denis O'Brien
Charity : LOURDES DIOCESAN FUND
Congratulations to all involved in the Lourdes Diocesan Fund Classic in Limerick Golf Club on 3rd and 4th June 2004. Three teams will go through to the grand Qualifier.
Teams as follows:
- Mounteen Ramblers - Tim Treacy of Newcastle West GC, Sean Fitzgerald of Limerick GC & Jim O'Connell of Charleville GC
- Limerick Prison Officers' Association represented by Michael Flannery & Colm Murphy of Tipperary GC and Seamus Enright from Adare Manor GC
- Souths Bar - David Hickey & Ivan O'Gorman from Adare Manor GC & Eamon Kirby of Limerick GC
Charity : ADAPT HOUSE/ST.VINCENT DE PAUL/ST.VINCENTS CENTRE
Congratulations to all involved in organising the Pre-Qualifier on the 27th & 28th May 2004 for St. Vincent's Lisnagry, St. Vincent de Paul & Adapt House. Eight teams qualified from the event for St. Vincent's Lisnagry, while St. Vincent de Paul & Adapt House each put forward 1 team to the Grand Qualifier.
The winners details as follows:
- Michael Nash & Partners Team - Michael Nash & Ger Nash from Limerick County GC & Con Keating from Limerick GC
- Leahy & Partners Team - James Barry of Charleville GC, Valerie Noonan & Eileen Noonan of Adare Manor Golf Club
- Genworth Financial Team - Tony Keane & Mike Minihan of Shannon Golf Club & Bob Brannock of Lahinch GC
- Aughinish Team - Liam Meade of Lahinch GC, Mike Tobin of Tipperary GC & Pat Lynch from Newcastle West GC
- Chieftain Construction Team - John Collins from East Clare GC, Michael O'Brien from Limerick County GC & Frank O'Mahony of Limerick GC
- Rory Kiely's Team - Ger Galvin, Denis Murphy & Aidan Murphy, all from Charleville Golf Club
- Quinlan Holohan & Co.Team - Jerry Quinlan, Tony Grace & Raymond O'Meara, all from Nenagh Golf Club
- Brian Fitzgerald's Team - Brian Fitzgerald of East Cork GC, WillIe Murray of Kinsale GC & Colm Flanagan of Hollystown
- Grange Trio - Michael Barry & Zeta Pierce from Limerick County GC with Michael Fitzgerald from Charleville GC
- Maigue Slicers - Brian Harrington, John Hartnett & Ger Hartnett, all from Adare Manor Golf Club
Charity : CLARE HOSPICE AT CAHERCALLA
Congratulations to all those involved in the Classic in aid of Clare Hospice at Cahercalla held at Woodstock Golf & Country Club 8th & 9th September 2004. The event was very successful and enjoyable & we wish all of the winning teams the best of luck in the Grand Qualifier!
- 1st Clare Corporate Finance - Noel Connellan & Cian Connellan of Ennis GC & Paul Glynn (Gort GC)
- 2nd Sean Lyne, Frontline Leisure Ltd (Team 1) - Gerry Sadlier & Eugene Philips, Woodstock GC & Brendan O'Doherty, Lahinch GC
- 3rd Pfizer Healthcare Ireland - Team: Michael O'Brien, Mattie O'Brien & Pat Curtis
- 4th Connellan & Associates - Noel Connellan of Spanish Point GC, Gerry Shanahan of Dromoland GC & Gerry Daly from Ennis GC)
- 5th Sean Lyne Frontline Leisure Ltd (Team 2) - GerHanrahan, Cha Meaney & Maurice Walsh, all from Ennis Golf Club
- 6th Larionovo Ltd - Team members: Mike Tierney of Ennis GC, John Purcell of Rathbawn GC & Pat Purcell from Shannon GC
- 7th Packie Vaughan - Team Members: Bill Frazer & Donie O'Regan of Lahinch GC & Sean Corcoran from Woodstock GC
Charity : MID-WESTERN HOSPITALS DEVELOPMENT TRUST
The Mid Western Hospitals Development Trust held a Pre-Qualifying Classic at Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort on the 16th & 17th September 2004.
The Classic raised enough money to send 12 teams through to the Grand Qualifier in May 2005. The very best of luck to all 12 Teams:
- 1st Kieran McManus - Kieran McManus (Limerick), Tom Taaffe (K Club), John Donegan (Carton)
- 2nd Mr. Ralph Keane - Seamus Considine (Ennis), Shane Murphy (Gort), Monty Kearns (Galway Bay)
- 3rd Eurosurgical Team - Raymond Kane (Carton), Graham Martin (Galgorm Castle) & Killian Dunphy (Delgany)
- 4th Dr. Bart Ramsay - Austin Slattery, Brian McCarthy & Denis Cullinan, all from Lahinch Golf Club
- 5th Tyco Team - Joe O'Donoghue, Pat Dillon & Liam O'Donoghue, all from Limerick Golf Club
- 6th Dr. P.J. Breen - Ger O'Donoghue (Limerick), Joe Dowley (Castlerea) & John Fraher (Colt Castle)
- 7th Mr. John Drumm - Mark Dilger (Ballybunion), Frank Geary & Jackie Harrington (both of Adare GC)
- 8th Mr. David Waldron - David Waldron (Limerick), Ronan Waldron (Castlebar) & Michael Waldron (Galway)
- 9th Des Scahill - Des Scahill & Alan Clarke (both from Cill Dara GC) & Brendan Sheridan (Listowel GC)
- 10th Dr. Sean Darby - Sean Darby (Nenagh), Gena Nicholas (Adare) & Arthur Pierse (Tipperary)
- 11th Wyeth Team - Stephen Dooley, Richard Barry (Kinsale) & Pat O'Connell (Mallow)
- 12th Dr. Walter O'Brien - Mary Lee, Ailish Dilger & Michelle McManus, all from Limerick GC
Charity : CUAIN MHUIRE BRUREE PROJECT
Cuain Mhuire Bruree Project has held several pre-qualifying tournaments in the course of the Summer - View all the pre-qualifier details below:
Charleville Golf Club 11th June 2004
Cuain Mhuire Bruree Project held a highly successful Pre-Qualifier in Charleville, from which they are putting forward 7 teams to the Grand Qualifier.
Those winning teams are as follows:
- Michael Feeley, Frank Reen & Kevin Lucey, of Killarney Golf & Fishing Club
- Felix Randles Jr. from East Clare Golf Club, Martin Sexton & Paddy Dwane of Charleville Golf Club
- Liam Healy, Brendan Buckley & Dave Foley, all of Charleville Golf Club
- Peter Healy, Jim Stapleton & Mike Hanley, also of Charleville Golf Club
- Allianz Insurance Team - Eithna Leonard, Rachel Maher & Angela O'Dwyer, all from Castletroy Golf Club
- Tom Brophy, Joe Curran & Kieran Clancy from Ceann Sibeal Golf Club in Kerry
- Hickey O'Donoghue Auctioneers Team - Michael O'Donoghue, Brendan O'Connell & Paddy O'Neill of Limerick Golf Club
Athenry Golf Club 25th June 2004
A very enjoyable day was had by all those who took part in the Classic in Athenry.
The Winning Team were:
- The Highway Group - Made up of Bill Coniffe (Ardacong GC), James Davin & Michael McPhillips (Tuam GC) and kindly sponsored by Kevin Coniffe
Mullingar Golf Club 16th July 2004
The Mullingar Classic was also very successful, with over 50 teams, and 3 teams going through to the Grand Qualifier:
- Midland Contractors Ltd - Richie O'Donoghue and Michael Delaney of Mullingar GC, and Aidan Daly from Castlebarna GC
- Sean Sheridan & Daughters' Team - Jerry Clifford, Frank McGinty & Michael Flanagan, all from Mullingar GC
- Brooks Hanley Team - Paul Whelan from Castlewarden GC, along with Shea Nugent & Vincent Carney of Beech Park GC
Cuain Mhuire were also very fortunate to receive sponsorship for submission of teams to the Grand Qualifier:
- Irish Wire Products Ltd. represented by Paddy Mulvihill, Joe Moran & Adrian Moran
- Dan Crowley's Team made up of Tim Hickey, Gordon O'Keeffe & Christy Naughton
Congratulations to you all - & Good Luck in the Grand Qualifier!
Charity : RATHFREDAGH CHESHIRE HOME
The Pre-Qualifier for Rathfredagh Cheshire Home was held in Newcastlewest Golf Club on 14th May 2004.
The winning teams were:
- Terry Corden, Gerry O'Connell & Tom McKeown
- Robert Butler's Team (Details to follow)
- Noel Nash's Team (Details to follow)
Charity : MID WEST ASSOCIATION FOR SPINA BIFIDA & HYDROCEPHALUS
The winners of the Mid West Association for Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Pre-Qualifier held in Limerick County Golf Club on the 20th May were:
- Mid Western Lifts: John Horgan & Pat Horgan (Charleville GC) & Pat McNamara (Castletroy)
Charity : LIMERICK YOUTH SERVICE
The Limerick Youth Service Pre-Qualifying Tournament was held in Limerick Golf Club on the 27th & 28th May 2004. The five winning teams who will represent Limerick Youth Service at the Grand Qualifier in Adare next year are:
- Christy Roche Team: Christy Roche(Kildare GC), Tom Harty(Dundrum GC) & Noel O'Dwyer (Nenagh GC)
- Duggan Systems Sales Ltd: Bernard Duggan, John Hickey & Dan Duggan (Adare Manor GC)
- Pat Lee Team: Pat Lee (Limerick GC), Pat O'Donnell (Barrow, Tralee), Joe Lee (Limerick GC)
- Gerry McManus Team: Gerry McManus (Limerick GC), Noel Nash (Limerick County GC), Denis O'Brien (Shannon)
- Kerry Petroleum Team:James O'Halloran, Tony O'Halloran & Danny Leen (Tralee GC)
Charity : ENABLE IRELAND
Enable Ireland held their Pre Qualifying Tournament for the JP McManus Invitational Pro Am 2005 in Castletroy Golf Club on 23rd June 2004.
The winners of the tournament were:
- John Grehan (Limerick GC), Pat Micks (Castletroy GC) & Kieran Clancy (Rathbane GC)
Charity : DOWN SYNDROME IRELAND
Down Syndrome Ireland held their Pre-Qualifying Tournament in Limerick Golf Club on the 6th & 7th of May. The winning teams, who will now represent Down Syndrome Ireland in the Grand Qualifier in May 2005, are:
- Quinmar Ltd: Fergus Quinlivan (Castletroy GC), Len Dineen (Shannon GC), Ger Dunworth (Limerick GC)
- Sisk & Co. Ltd: Pat Davern & Joe Grimes (Limerick County) & Anthony Fitzgerald (Charleville GC)
- Mulcair Golf Society, Newport: Denis Corrigan, Marie Corrigan & Denis Jr. Corrigan (Nenagh)
- Estuary Fuels: Tim O'Donoghue (Limerick County), Jim Mulcair & Albert McSweeney (Limerick GC)
- Nash & Co. Builders: Noel Nash & Ger Nash (Limerick County) & Tom Nash (Kanturk)
Charity : CHARLEVILLE COMMUNITY CARE SERVICES
The Charleville Community Care Services Pre-Qualifying Tournament took place on the 16th April 2004 in Charleville Golf Club.
The winners, who now go through to the Grand Qualifier in May 2005 were:
- Danny Deady, Pat Potter & Mike Potter of Charleville GC
Charity : CARI FOUNDATION/MS IRELAND/PARKINSONS ASSOCIATION
CARI Foundation/MS Ireland/Parkinsons AssociationPre-Qualifying Tournament was held in Castletroy Golf Club on 26 May 2004.
The winners were:
- Des O'Brien(Limerick County GC), John Moloney(Limerick County GC) & Bill Hanley(Charleville GC)
Charity : ALZHEIMERS SOCIETY
The Alzheimers Society have so far held 4 Pre-Qualifying Tournaments. The winners who will now go through to the Grand Qualifier are as follows:
- Nenagh Golf Club 7 May 2004: Bernard Duggan (Adare Manor GC), Joe Hynes & Paddy Kennedy (Nenagh GC)
- Limerick Golf Club 24 & 25 June 2004: Michelle McManus (Limerick GC) & Team
- Limerick Golf Club Singles Tournament 1st August 2004: Dr. Margaret Lonergan (Thurles Golf Club), Dermot Whelan & Joe Purcell (Charleville Golf Club)
- Kilrush Golf Club 27 & 28 August 2004: Sean Neylon & Joe Chambers (Kilrush GC) & Liam Leahy (Shannon GC)
Congratulations to one and all & Best of Luck in the Grand Qualifier!